1. What is your background? How did you get started in the fitness industry?
I started dancing when i was 2 years old, and danced till i was a freshman in high school, then i changed over to cheerleading. I continued to cheer into college. Then i got into fitness because a friend and my trainer still today, Mike Davies suggested I try it and I did and loved it.
2. What do you feel is your biggest fitness-related accomplishment?
I think that the biggest success stems from traveling the US and Canada and being able to do fitness camps and touch women’s lives . I love that I have flexibility in my schedule to plan these events and I love that the women respond to me and appreciate my efforts to help educate them. There is nothing more rewarding then touching the lives of people who are willing to learn.
3. Is fitness modeling/competition your full-time job? If not, what else do you do?
I do everything, I compete, host fitness camps, run my own business , I also am on the committee for the Arnold Classic and this year I am hosting the Fashion Show. I also volunteer at the Children’s Hunger Alliance. I spend a lot of time answering many fan mail and working with clients one on one or online. I also do choreography for a lot of the fitness girls in the industry.
4. What are your immediate and long-term goals?
My immediate goal is to be Top 3 at the 2004 International. My long term goals are to continue to let God lead the way.
5. Please describe a typical day for you. What is your daily routine like?
Are you kidding me? Every day is so different. With all the stuff I do , I just rotate my priorities depending on what’s at the top of the list. I have to train, and do 2 hours of cardio everyday so that has to fit in some where. I do make sleeping a priority and spending time with my husband, Brian.
6. Please describe your normal diet. How do you eat to stay in shape?
I don’t eat to stay in shape, I just eat what i want, but i do cardio to stay in shape. But when i diet I diet hard and its very strict, that’s why I can do a 180 in 8-10 weeks.
7. What is your training routine like?
I train 5 days a week and train legs when I feel like it. I do bootcamp 2 times a week. I also do 1 hour of cardio off season, and 2 hours in season.
8. What supplements, if any, do you use?
I love protein shakes, I do thermos, and I love fat burners. Glutamine is also one of my favorite things to take. BulkNutrition.com hooks me up with all kinds of different brands.
9. How do you motivate yourself to get/stay in shape?
Money baby! There is prize money at the end. I am at an age and a point in my career that I need to step up and take advantage of being my best. If I don’t’ motivate myself, time will fly by and i will miss my moment. Also there is always new blood so I have to stay on top of it. I also go through my times when I don’ t want to get motivated and I have to struggle through it all, but not right now, I am more motivated then ever. Oh did I mention that people who talk behind my back motivates me….I love when people let me be the focus of their life, it fires me up.
10. What are a few of your favorite fitness and health-related web sites?
I love lots and hate lots. I hate chat rooms, they are for people who have a lot more time then me. I love bodysport.com, , and geez there are so many….I like any site that supports the industry.
11. What tips would you give to someone who wanted to get into the fitness modeling (or fitness competition) industry?
Do lots of research and talk to as many people in the industry. Also be aggressive and don’t take no for an answer. And most importantly, don’t think you’ll make a living being a fitness model, because you won’t..
12. If someone you knew asked you how to lose weight and get into shape quickly, what would you tell them?
DIET, DIET, DIET! If you’re not eating correctly you will not get far. Working out and Cardio is a must but it all boils down to the right diet.
13. What do you feel differentiates you from other people in your field?
I am unique. I am myself, I don’t try to be someone I am not and I don’t give a …… what people think of me. You either like me or you don’t, but if you talk about me, I love it,,,fuel my fire. That’s what drives me to kick some you know what.
I don’t buy things to make myself stand out,,,I have a personality that does that.
14. Is there anything else you’d like to say?
Remember to always be yourself no matter what people tell you to change about yourself. You have to live with yourself the rest of your life, not them. Also, don’t make judgments on people by what people tell you, make your own judgment in whether you like someone or not. People who don’t like themselves like to bring other people down to make themselves look better. Lord Help me!